Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Day has finally come

The NBA Finals start tonight. After a long layoff. Seems like it's been forever since the Cavs played. I'm just eating up the experience right now. Taking in everything I can get.

Here's what everyone's saying today:

Gov. Strickland making sure the "witness" sign remains in place

Scouts Inc. has Spurs in six ESPN.com Insider required

$15K for a ticket?

True Hoop gives the Cavs some chance, but still won't pick them

Stat Geek Smackdown also has little love for the Cavs

Even Brian Windhorst is picking the Spurs

And, words from the expert:

"I think [the Cavaliers] might only be the fourth-best team San Antonio has faced in the postseason" -- ESPN.com's John Hollinger

Nice John ... I think ESPN has replaced usual East Coast bias with Western Conference bias when it comes to the NBA. I guess I was imagining that two of the last three NBA champions came from the East? I get you slotting the Suns above the Cavs, but the Nuggets and the Jazz, too? Come on, John.

Still looking for a member of the media not based in Cleveland to pick the Cavs to win ... still looking ... still looking ...

No comments: