Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Week That Was

Well, I suppose this is a down week for me in sports. I don't really care about the potential of a NY-NY World Series, I don't have quite the golf knowledge to talk about the Ryder Cup (although I am pulling for team USA ... and not just because I'm a Tiger fan), and my Stillers got it handed to them on Sunday.

Still, a pretty much slow sports week, at least from my perspective. A couple of interesting articles popped up on ESPN this week, though. So, I thought I'd comment on them.

NBA Future Predictions ... *sigh* ... I really wish ESPN would get off the "Lebron wants to play in New York" thing. UGH! Do you really think the man really would keep investing millions into the Cleveland community if he was thinking "man, I can't wait till I can blow this town and play in a real city"? Do you really think a man who grew up experiencing heartbreak after heartbreak in that city would want to bring another and possibly the largest to it? I don't. Lebron is committed to Cleveland. Could there be a greater lecagy than "I won a major sports championship for a franchise in Cleveland?" I doubt it. Get the heck off that boat.

An Article about rooting against your team. I disagree with some of his points. Fantasy sports are never as important as real sports. Nor is a single player worth rooting against your team. But, other than that, it was a decent read.

College Football Preview

Not many great games this week, but ... I might as well offer a few predictions

I like Arizona State to edge out Cal. Ohio State should blow out, yes blow out by at least 4 touchdowns, Penn State. Likewise, I think Notre dame blows out Michigan State.


Oh ... and a random thought ... could this year's Oakland Raiders be the worst professional sports team in my lifetime?

No comments: