Tuesday, October 03, 2006

MLB Playoffs

My appologies for no posts as of late. See my regular blog for why. I'll try to get a litte more up later, but I wanted to get my thougts on the playoffs before too late.

First, I'd like to say a giant "thank you" to the Houston Astros for teasing us so much. To come within winning your own finale to have a shot at history and capitalizing on a huge collapse and then blowing it? geez, way to go guys. Better to lost 100 games than do that (belive me, I'm an Indians fan, I know the difference).

Anyways, onto predictions.

I think the ALCS will be a matchup of the two best two teams still in it, the Yankees and the Twins. The Yankee bats and experience are just too much, in my opinion, for the Tigers. As for the Twins-A's ... anyone who still bets on the A's to win a playoff series deserves to lose their money.

I think the Cardinals will be playing relaxed, happy to not be embarrsed by a giant collapse and will use that freedom to take a surprise win over the Padres. The Mets can't win a series without Pedro, and so the Dodgers will take that series, but it won't be easy.

I see the Yankees going to the 'Series. Most of the time, good pitching beats good hitting in October. But ... 1) This is GREAT hitting and 2) this is tired pitching. I think they'll see the Dodgers there, thanks in large part to some clutch performances from Greg Maddox.

But, even Greg Maddox won't shut down this Juggernaut offense, and I think the Yankees will slug themselves to a seven-game series victory.

No comments: